A co-occupant is anyone, adult or minor living in the rental.
A guarantor, or co-signer is an adult (co-applicant) who is helping in the application approval process, but will NOT be living in the rental.
All adult applicants must submit a separate application and pay a separate fee. Co-occupants under the age of 18 are minors and do NOT have to submit a separate application.
If you have not submitted your application yet, and you are the Primary applicant (the first person to start the application process):
- On the first page of your application “Application to Rent” select the total number of occupants that will be living in the rental.
- Complete the following questions, then at the bottom of the page, enter the co-occupant basic information. For adult co-occupants, you must enter their phone and email address.
If you have already submitted your application and are NOT already part of a group:
- Log back into your application with the email address and password you created. Log back in here.
- Select “Personal Information” from your dashboard
3. Select “Co-occupants”, or “Guarantor” for co-signer addition.
4. Complete form for each addition and click Save & Continue
Once your adult occupants and guarantors will be sent an email inviting them to apply separately. Co-applicants must create a separate account, submit and pay separate application fee.
Co-applicant's should create their account using the email address the primary applicant invited to apply. ie: If the primary enters co-applicant, George Simpson with an email address email@example.com, George must create their application with that same email address. If George creates an account with an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, your applications will NOT be grouped together.
If you have already submitted your application and are currently part of a group, only the primary applicant who started the application can follow the steps above.
Only primary applicants can make these changes. A primary applicant is a person who first started the application process for the group. Our live support team can reorganize your applications and change who the primary applicant is.
Still need help? Submit a support request here.