Internet Listing Sites may each have specific requirements, however, there are some basic troubleshooting steps you can follow for all.
- Confirm the full address of your property is correct.
- Do not add statements in the address fields.
- If you are hiding your address, this will cause most listing sites to reject the property.
- Upload at least one property image.
- Confirm your contact information is correct. Visit your Settings > Public Profile.
- Allow between 2 to 4 hours for most sites, some may take up to 24 hours
- As a security measure, all partner listing sites may take a some time to verify then add your listing to their site.
- Intellirent suggests an agent publish and activate marketing before 4 PM Pacific, 5 PM Mountain, 6 PM Central, and 7 PM Eastern. (Zillow Group updates fastest throughout the day)
Zillow Group encompasses Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads.
In your property details page you may see Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads are red. Hover over the company names on the right and you will see the reason why the property is red.
*Not all listing sites provide Intellirent with a reason why the listing was rejected. You will only see a reason upon hovering for companies who return that specific data to Intellirent.
If your property is not being posted to Zillow, Trulia or Hotpads, it may be due to their updated policies in select states.
For more details, see Zillow's detailed guide on Paid Inclusion.
Paid Inclusion Policy – Property "Not Posted"
Affected rental properties are located in Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Massachusetts.
*Starting July 1 2020, Zillow Group will start charging for all California rental property advertisements.
Historically, Zillow Group has required a paid policy for rental listings in buildings over 50 units. Now Zillow will begin charging for any type of rental listing in select states, eventually charging throughout all 50 states.
If you choose to pay for advertisements on Zillow, Trulia or Hotpads, Zillow Group has advised that agents reach out to their paid inclusion support team. You can also email RentalsHelp@ZillowGroup.com. A Zillow sales representative will be in contact with you.
Communicating with Zillow:
- Provide your full name and email address that is associated with your Intellirent account.
- Inform them you are using Intellirent's feed.
- Provide any rental addresses that are published and actively marketed through Intellirent – this will help them find the property and see it's coming from Intellirent.
- If you have a company name, add it to the Company Name field in your Intellirent Settings under Public Profile, Company Information.
- Zillow may ask for a company name – this is not required.
- If company name is not applicable, simply inform the Zillow representative you do not have a company name.
Once the payment is set up through Zillow directly, you'll see the listing live through Intellirent as well.
If you do not set up the payment plan with Zillow directly, your listing will simply be rejected through Intellirent's syndication. You will not be charged.
If you have already set up a payment policy with Zillow Group but after activating Intellirent's Rental Marketing your rentals are still not being accepted, please first contact RentalsHelp@ZillowGroup.com. Zillow should advise Intellirent support on your rental's specific issue if any, as those details are not disclosed to Intellirent.
Zillow: I only have one listing. Will I be charged?
- "The first listing activated in your account is free until it expires (see “Which listings require payment?”), so there will be no charge for the first listing in your account. Only one account per household is eligible for this free listing."
Per Zillow's comment above, your first free listing is only offered when you post directly through Zillow.
Room for Rent
"If you are posting a Room for Rent listing through Zillow Rental Manager, your listing will be posted to HotPads and Trulia and show 'Declined' on Zillow. Zillow does not host listings in this category."
If you need help adjusting this selection in your property details, we're happy to assist.
Apartments.com is currently reviewing their policies on free listings for large apartment buildings. Apartments.com will not accept some apartment unit listings from Intellirent. If attempting to post directly, agents are asked to call their support line.
At this time, it is unknown how Apartments.com is defining large apartment buildings. Intellirent has found this to be relevant to buildings with more than 50 units.
Apartment List will only posts rentals once per street address. If a rental is in a building with more than one listed available rental, Apartment List will only post one listing, once per street address.
Single-family should not be affected.
Although the listing site requirements are not within Intellirent's control, our team remains committed to continually growing and improving technology that enables agents to work better and manage a sustainable business.
Still need help? Contact Intellirent support.